[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX points system

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX points system
From: w2up@Op.Net (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue Mar 25 21:59:57 1997
On 25 Mar 97, Douglas Zwiebel <KR2Q@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

 But rather than make the points
> for same country QSO's count more, I think they should count
> less!  That way, much more strategy will be required when
> calculating whether or not to work a new mult that is in
> your same country.  I recommend -1 points per same country
> qso.  I bet THAT will change things A LOT!

Doug - I think your calendar is off - it's not April 1 yet - or were
you serious? A question for the OTs - wasn't there some kind of quota
system in ARRL DX years ago, where you could only work a certain
number of stations in each country? Bet a lot of people got pissed
off when their calls were ignored, or they were told to go away. Same
thing would happen with WPX.

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@op.net
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com