(Fwd) Re: [CQ-Contest] Avril claimed score

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [CQ-Contest] Avril claimed score
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Wed Mar 26 15:23:16 1997
>>>n4si@pobox.com said:
>
> > 5. final score: 10 x 10 x 10 divided by zero
> >
> > infinity-infinity-infinity
> >
> I request Dan, W8CAR, be disqualified for submitting an erroneous
> score. A number divided by zero is NOT infinity.

Well the limit of the points divided by zero IS infinity. It is obvious that
the numerator is a cubic as well and approaches infinity at a pretty steep
rate. The lack of rules for this contest clearly state that pushing the limits
of the rules is the path to victory. By declaring N4SI the high scorer I claim
victory. I have every intention of not making any contacts via any amateur
radio means.

--
73 de KK1L ex N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics