[CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX
From: w5fl@flash.net (Wendell Wyly - W5FL)
Date: Sun May 25 10:02:18 1997
I watched the complaints on the packet cluster about very high speed
contest exchanges and tried a little experiment.  I matched the speed of
the stations with my keyer and sent my exchange back to them at their speed
when it was over 35 wpm.  Seven of the ten high speed stations listed could
not copy at their own speed and asked for repeats.  What is an optimum
speed setting for a contest with a 7 digit numeric exchange?  Is there less
confusion of exchanges when alphas are not used except in the 5NN.

Wendell Wyly         W5FL          w5fl@flash.net