[CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX
From: k5zd@ultranet.com (Randy Thompson)
Date: Sun May 25 18:30:10 1997
I agree that many operators seem not to be able to copy at the speed they are
sending.  I usually do my S&P activity at 32 WPM just to limit the number of
repeats.  Of course it sometimes depends on how loud you are at the other end
and how much QRM there is.

I hate these cut numbers.  I never know if the guy sent 'T' for zero, or did I
miss a dot of 'N' for nine?  I would just as soon have everyone send 5NN and
then send the full numbers.  But I see this as a trend that will keep getting
worse before it gets better.  It seems to be all the rage in Europe.

Randy, K5ZD