[CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Optimum Keyer Speed for WPX
From: janalme@sn.no (Jan Almedal)
Date: Mon May 26 21:29:07 1997
At 17:30 25.05.97 -0400, K5ZD wrote:
>I agree that many operators seem not to be able to copy at the speed they are
>sending.

Even more troublesome I feel, is that many of the computer aided stations
have very varying speed. Part of the message comes in a different (higher)
speed, and make it difficult to find the rythm.

>I hate these cut numbers.  I never know if the guy sent 'T' for zero, or did I
>miss a dot of 'N' for nine?  I would just as soon have everyone send 5NN and
>then send the full numbers.  But I see this as a trend that will keep getting
>worse before it gets better.  It seems to be all the rage in Europe.

Different habits. It's the same as the Americans don't send full 3 digits
messages. Many sends only one or two when they have less than 100 QSO's.

It's just what we get used to - and it increases speed!

73 de
Jan / LA9HW (operator at LG5LG during WPX CW)