[CQ-Contest] Disapointed again !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Disapointed again !
From: k5zd@ultranet.com (Randy Thompson)
Date: Wed Jun 11 23:51:03 1997

On Wednesday, June 11, 1997 12:19 PM, Ray Rocker [SMTP:rocker@datasync.com]
wrote:
> > It's the second time this kind of disagrement happened. I had a
> > look on http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/97/idxcw-claimed.html
> > which is the page for ARRL DX CW '97 claimed scores and surprise ...
> > no F6FGZ entry. I saw also some other callsigns missing !
> > BE SURE YOUR LOG HAS BEEN PROCESSED !!
>
> Let me guess: you e-mailed your log to contest@arrl.org.
>
> contest@arrl.org has been USELESS to me as a log submission route.
> Time and time again, logs I have e-mailed there have disappeared
> into the void. (And no, they did not bounce.)
>
> The last straw was CW SS, when my first ever 1000 QSO result failed
> to show up in the results.
>
> --
As one who has criticized the ARRL's contest administration more than once,
in this case I have to support them.  I have had excellent luck with e-mail
submissions and have received an e-mail confirmation for each one.  There
are lots of bad things that can happen when e-mailing large files around.

Some suggestions:

- If you don't get a confirmation, send the entry again (or at least follow
up asking if they received it).

- Check the high claimed scores.  Of course we haven't had high claimed
scores for the past 5 years or so, but it appears that they may have
returned.  If your log isn't there, react quickly.  Often the time between
the high claims and the final results is very short.

73,

Randy, K5ZD

Randy Thompson                Amateur Radio Call: K5ZD
11 Hollis Street
Uxbridge, MA 01569

H (508) 278-2355             E-mail: k5zd@ultranet.com
W (617) 461-9100 x-150

From: William M. Edwards" <edwardsw@bga.com (William M. Edwards)

Let me guess: you e-mailed your log to contest@arrl.org.

contest@arrl.org has been USELESS to me as a log submission route.
Time and time again, logs I have e-mailed there have disappeared
into the void. (And no, they did not bounce.)

The last straw was CW SS, when my first ever 1000 QSO result failed
to show up in the results.

If I remember correctly, they acknowledged receipt of my logs.  For future
reference, if you don't
soon receive a reply confirming receipt, you should follow up.

73,
Will Edwards, W5IX (ex WA5WZA)
edwardsw@bga.com