[CQ-Contest] Disapointed again !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Disapointed again !
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Thu Jun 12 09:43:37 1997
At 10:51 PM 6/11/97 -0400,Randy  wrote about what Ray wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 11, 1997 12:19 PM, Ray Rocker [SMTP:rocker@datasync.com]
>wrote:
>> > It's the second time this kind of disagrement happened. I had a
>> > look on http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/97/idxcw-claimed.html
>> > which is the page for ARRL DX CW '97 claimed scores and surprise ...
>> > no F6FGZ entry. I saw also some other callsigns missing !
>> > BE SURE YOUR LOG HAS BEEN PROCESSED !!
>>
>> Let me guess: you e-mailed your log to contest@arrl.org.
>>
>> contest@arrl.org has been USELESS to me as a log submission route.
>> Time and time again, logs I have e-mailed there have disappeared
>> into the void. (And no, they did not bounce.)
>>
>> The last straw was CW SS, when my first ever 1000 QSO result failed
>> to show up in the results.
>>
>> --
>As one who has criticized the ARRL's contest administration more than once,
>in this case I have to support them.  I have had excellent luck with e-mail
>submissions and have received an e-mail confirmation for each one.  There
>are lots of bad things that can happen when e-mailing large files around.
>
>Some suggestions:
>
>- If you don't get a confirmation, send the entry again (or at least follow
>up asking if they received it).
>
>- Check the high claimed scores.  Of course we haven't had high claimed
>scores for the past 5 years or so, but it appears that they may have
>returned.  If your log isn't there, react quickly.  Often the time between
>the high claims and the final results is very short.
>
>73,
>
>Randy, K5ZD

I have to echo what Randy says.  Billy has done a good job making sure that
e-mail received is acknowledged.  With the departure of Warren and the
turmoil that appears to have followed it would be understandable that a few
fall through the cracks.  In retrospect I have had better luck with e-mail
than USPS.  Let's not beat up people doing a difficult job.  I have seen the
pile of paper and disks that descend on Newington and am amazed at the
consistant quality of the end product.

73 Gary K7FR