JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix

Subject: JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix
From: zbrlecic@torhosp.toronto.on.ca (Brlecic, Zoran)
Date: Wed Jun 25 12:34:00 1997
>X5's are pirates, because it is an unlegal prefix (like 1B).
>But for contest purposes, I have edited my CQWW.CTY file: X5 as YU.
>Does anyone know if X5s have Yugoslavian license ??
>
>Timo OH1NOA/OH0NOA

The question is meaningless, because X5 stations are physically located
in the territory of Bosnia-Herzegovina. No license from anybody in the
world, except from the authorized body within the Republic of
Bosnia-Herzegovina, is going to make them become legally licensed and
count for anything. Same goes for 4O and 9A11 stations: they're all
operating in a limbo - living de facto in a separate state, but de iure
in T9. If only ham-radio licenses was their biggest problem...

73 ..... Zoran VA3GW