JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix

Subject: JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix
From: G.Force@flashnet.it (Giorgio Fanelli)
Date: Fri Jun 27 05:35:00 1997
Hi guys

At 08.48 25/06/97 +0200, you wrote:
>wbosler@bellatlantic.net:
>>I keep working stations with X5 prefixes. Is this a legitimate prefix
>>and for what country?? I worked a station in Banja Luka over the
>>weekend. What country is it in these days? (It should be Bosnia) I think
>>the call was X5BYZ. ( I don't have my logbook in front of me.)
>>
>>I checked every prefix database I could find.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks & 73   Bill Bosler - WF3M
>>

>X5's are pirates, because it is an unlegal prefix (like 1B).

In Italy problem are solved by law because is forbidden to contact clearly
pirate station then QSO violate the rules about respect local amateur radio
laws. For contest, station pirate are permitted? Let me know. George I0YQV
(ex officier of Italian FCC)

Giorgio Fanelli                         X25: I0YQV@IW0FGK.ILAZ.ITA.EU
Roma - Italy                            PCL: I0YQV > I0JBL-6
E-MAIL: G.Force@flashnet.it             Ham: I0YQV
Home page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9382