[CQ-Contest] Re: contesting in the 21st century

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: contesting in the 21st century
From: Marijan.Miletic@ijs.si (Marijan Mileti})
Date: Mon Jul 28 13:05:38 1997
With some delay I read all the contributions on this interesting
subject.
This weekend I decoded few CW signals using SoundBlaster and Pentium
120.
This widely available technology gives me 64 audio filters spaced 50Hz
every 10msec and I can detect all the active CW signals within SSB
range.
It would be nice second op. scaning all the bands while I can call
endless CQ for 48 hours.  As I might need some sleep, PC's may go alone!
In 1972 I made electronic keyer with serial number counter up to 1999 as
I didn't like using my brain for that particular task.  In 1984 I did
on-line computer logging as I hated dupes, log editing and especially
keeping track of time.  In 1991 I operated DSP CW system in ARRL contest
but I stoped further research as it was a threat to my beloved hobby.
Unfortunately, contesting has become boring to me after WRTC-96 so let's
have some fun.  My third consequtive HAL plaque for EU SOAB HP RTTY
winer proudly shines on the wall while the others are catching up in
WAEDC with WF1B QTC traffic faciities.  I might be getting old at 52!?

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, W1BCD Michael Pupin Memeorial club trustee in
CT