[CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
From: nd3a@worldnet.att.net (Robert Shapiro)
Date: Mon Jul 14 20:59:58 1997
Hi Dick.  A definite NO to question one and re question two, there should
be a rule against it.  For question three, I would say that contacts on
other bands should still be allowed per check log rule, but solicitations
for contacts on their "contast band" should not be allowed.  Therefore, per
question four, there should be a rule against it.

73, Rob

Rob Shapiro - ND3A
Potomac Valley Radio Club
nd3a@worldnet.att.net

----------
> From: Richard J Norton <n6aa@juno.com>
> To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
>
> I would be interested in seeing opinions from this group posted here
> regarding contesting in general for the following:
>
> 1) Should QRP and/or low-power category entrants call stations using
> high-power, and ask them to listen for their QRP/low-power signal?
>
> 2) If the answer to 1) is no, should there be a rule against it?
>
> 3) Should single-band category entrants move contacts and/or multipliers
> to their band from other bands?
>
> Note that most contests allow single-band entrants to make other-band
> contacts as a "check log." The question is after making these check-log
> contacts, can they move the stations to their band?
>
> 4) If the answer to 3) is no, should there be a rule against it?
>
> 73,
>
> Dick Norton, N6AA
>

>  -
>  ---