[CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
From: ksiid@access.mountain.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Mon Jul 14 20:30:57 1997
>To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
>Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
>From: n6aa@juno.com (Richard J Norton)
>Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

Dick,
 This should be an interesting thread. Too bad I have to leave
 for Algeria in the morning and be out of E-Mail capability for
 the next month.

 Tom...K5IID

>I would be interested in seeing opinions from this group posted here
>regarding contesting in general for the following:
>
>1) Should QRP and/or low-power category entrants call stations using
>high-power, and ask them to listen for their QRP/low-power signal?

   1.    ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually some contest rules state
         that the maximum power used be 5 watts or less in the case of
         QRP entrants.

>2) If the answer to 1) is no, should there be a rule against it?

   2.    ABSOLUTELY YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

>3) Should single-band category entrants move contacts and/or multipliers
>to their band from other bands?

    3.   NO...This is kinda sorta the same as number one and two.
         If a multi op/multi band station does it, that is one thing,
         but I would be opposed to a single band entrant doing it.

>Note that most contests allow single-band entrants to make other-band
>contacts as a "check log." The question is after making these check-log
>contacts, can they move the stations to their band?

         NO, not in my opinion.

>4) If the answer to 3) is no, should there be a rule against it?

    4.   Yes, I think so

>73,
>
>Dick Norton, N6AA
>

> -