[CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Mon Jul 14 16:46:21 1997
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Richard J Norton wrote:

> 1) Should QRP and/or low-power category entrants call stations using
> high-power, and ask them to listen for their QRP/low-power signal?

Of course they should call high power stations!  As much as I mumble and
grumble about "those darn QRP stations" when they call me in a contest,
forcing me to pull them out of the noise, they represent a large portion
of my score.  Having QRP and low-power categories also seems to stimulate
activity.

Where this THIS idea come from, anyway??

> 3) Should single-band category entrants move contacts and/or multipliers
> to their band from other bands?

As long as they learn of the presence of such a station through their own
initiative, and not use packet/spotting nets/other help, let them go for
it.  Moving stations from another band may result in the station being
moved making more contacts with other individuals, once they find the
band is open.  The more, the merrier!

73, Jim  N6IG

 -
 ---