[CQ-Contest] Proximity to other contest stn

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proximity to other contest stn
From: W2CE@prodigy.net (W2CE)
Date: Sun Oct 12 12:57:31 1997
Five miles away is not as close as you are thinking.

I had a friend only 1 mile away tops and he would give me buckshot for
only about 10KHz either side of his frequency. He ran a small sweep time
amp and pointed at me unbostrusted for every QSO to Europe.

Another friend at 4 miles had a 6 element beam and a 2 hole Alpha,
operated in every DX pileup around and also never bothered me more than
20KHz. He ran his processor wide open all the time.

Neither ever created a problem.
   Bob Reed, W2CE                     W2CE@prodigy.net
   1991 Route 37 W Lot 109            w2ce@aol.com
   Pines Acres Manor II               w2ce@juno.com