[CQ-Contest] Proximity to other contest stn

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proximity to other contest stn
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Sun Oct 12 23:11:57 1997
> Is it even worth driving up there with a receiver to see what I hear,
> or should we just look elsewhere?  Aside from those wires, which are
> to the southwest of the house, this place was a dream come true.

I have a similar situation here, adjacent to square miles of
undeveloped forest but with 115 kV power lines crossing my property.
They have never caused a problem, unless you count the time a 150-foot
fir tree fell and brought down the span and set the woods on fire.

I would take a rig out there in someone's mobile and listen for myself
before making a decision.

--Trey, N5KO