[CQ-Contest] contest QSL ettiquette

Subject: [CQ-Contest] contest QSL ettiquette
From: jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com (jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 16:59:05 1997
I just completed the log sheet for my first ever contest - the FISTS
Fall Sprint.  After my nerves quieted down I really had a blast.  My
question is this:  What is expected for sending out QSL cards after a
contest?

I asked another op for a QSL card because I needed a verification from
his state for my W.A.S. award.  I also had one station ask me for one
during the QSO and I will certainly reply.  Am I expected to send QSL
cards to everyone I contact?  Do I still need to send in log sheets even
if I'm sure I'm not going to score high enough to place (it seems like I
would be adding work to an already overworked volunteer).

Thanks for your thoughts....73 de KU0KU, Jack Sippel, Kansas City
<jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com>