[CQ-Contest] if you really want to know about COOKIES (yawn)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] if you really want to know about COOKIES (yawn)
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (DougKR2Q@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 6 08:57:31 1997

<< I recall reading in PC Magazine several months ago that cookies do no
 harm to our computers.  They merely store some personalized information
 that WE entered, that may be called up on future visits to the same
 site.  If there is more to it than this, I would like to hear about
 it... 73 Barry >>

Hi Barry...

If you really want to know about cookies (which I think is a big waste of
time, but maybe you have a love of trivial knowledge), you can go to the
National Computer Security Association and check their library at:

http://www.ncsa.com/library/

They have NUMEROUS articles and links to places and people who like cookies,
hate cookies, can tell you about cookies, how to stop cookies, etc.

For 99.9% of users, this is stupid to be concerned about.  After reading this
stuff, you may get angry.  There are some INVASION OF PRIVACY issues, as well
as possible TRESPASS issues.  I got angry for about 3 minutes, did nothing,
and now don't think about it EVER.

de Doug KR2Q