[CQ-Contest] SS exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS exchange
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Sat Nov 8 16:33:32 1997
On Saturday, November 08, 1997 23:56 PM, Kelly
Taylor[SMTP:ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca] wrote:
>According to the rules as published in Oct. 1997 QST (can there be a
>better source?) the other station's callsign is not part of the required
>exchange; I quoth: ``4) Exchange: A consecutive serial number, precedence
>(<SNIP>), your call sign, check (<SNIP>) and your ARRL/RAC section.''
>
>There is no mention of the other's callsign.
>
>I believe that the example that follows is merely to display a typical
>contact, which likely would (but not necessarily MUST) include the
>calling station's call sign, especially given the circumstances
>indicated.

snip...

Rite...

The 96 SS Rules don't even give an 'on-the-air' example like this
year's Rules...it doesn't say anything about using the other
station's callsign to precede the exchange in the narrative rules
or in the Explanation of Exchange (exchange element breakdown
and definitions/descriptions).

ooohhhh....the time I wasted sending the other guy's call....

I guess the Sprint influence was too great....

As for when those who have difficulty turning off or zeroing their RIT
send their exchange without a callsign preceding, I suppose you could
ask them something out of context, like RST?  What's the likelihood
that the puny weak, backscatter, watering signal under you would ask
the same question? AND it's a question that might not cause the
other station to say "huh?"

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org