[CQ-Contest] SS exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS exchange
From: bigdon@eskimo.com (Big Don)
Date: Mon Nov 10 01:04:51 1997
On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Kelly Taylor wrote:

> k7lxc wrote:
> >     Aren't we missing the whole point? Isn't sending the other station's
> > callsign a part of a 'legal per FCC rules' contact? I haven't checked Part
> > 97. While you may not have to do it for a contest contact, there might be a
> > legal reason to send it anyway.
> >
> > 73,  Steve  K7LXC
>
> I'll admit to being a tad rusty on regs, but I seem to remember reading
> that the only requirement is to ID oneself. ID on the part of the other
> station is HIS responsibility.

What's all this nit-picking about over the rules??

Good grief, if all the rules were being religiously followed, a *pileup*
could never exist.  If you even *SUSPECT* another station may be using the
frequency you are getting ready to transmit on, to make a contact, you are
supposed to hold off until the you are sure the coast is clear.
Otherwise, you may be guilty of causing _intentional_interference_ and no
one would ever want to do that, right?  Part 97 makes no exception if the
target station is a Seven-Oscar or Pee-Five....

Big Don

 -
 ---