[CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why SS is for NA or Why WAE is for EU
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Mon Nov 10 08:52:36 1997
On Sunday, November 09, 1997 11:32 AM, Steve Lufcy[SMTP:km0l@tfs.net] wrote:
>Re working DX in SS:
>I have been doing SS for quite a few years and, to the best of my knowlege,
>and according to the rules as published in QST, there is nothing against
>working DX in Sweepstakes. You can even get two points per QSO IF you can
>get the required exchange. Although a DX station is not a multiplier it is
>a qso and is worth points.

Steve, I doubt it.
The SS rules say the station must give you their ARRL/RAC
section.  How can a DX station do that?

>We will not turn anyone down who wants to work us during SS, the more the
>merrier.

True, and I would work them if they called.  However, they won't be in my
log if they don't give me a valid ARRL/RAC exchange.

Also, my contest logging software (TRLog....ooops...RATLog) won't
accept anything else but ARRL/RAC section names and abbreviations.
I suppose one could put a bogus section in and later amend it in the
text file, but what would happen at ARRL when they are checking logs?

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u