[CQ-Contest] Rules (Was Benefits of multi-one)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules (Was Benefits of multi-one)
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Thu Nov 13 08:21:31 1997
> I think the WRTC concept was the right idea.  Allow only one radio that can
> transmit.  Allow a second receiver.  If the first radio breaks, then you
> can use the second to transmit.

I think so too for an onsight competition.  How would you police only one
TXing during the contest?  Rules should be written so that they can at
least in theory be enforced.  Writing a rule that can never be enforced
is not a good idea.

The new QSY rule for multi's in the ARRL DX contest is an excellent
example of a rule that can be enforced.  It eliminates the rubber
clocking issue and still accomplishes the goal of limiting transmitters.
((The new rule allows 6 band changes per hour I believe))

73

Bill, W4AN