[CQ-Contest] Rules (Was Benefits of multi-one)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules (Was Benefits of multi-one)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Nov 14 16:52:49 1997
At 08:21 AM 11/13/97 -0500, W4AN wrote:

>> I think the WRTC concept was the right idea.  Allow only one radio that
can
>> transmit.  Allow a second receiver.  If the first radio breaks, then you
>> can use the second to transmit.
>
>I think so too for an onsight competition.  How would you police only one
>TXing during the contest?  Rules should be written so that they can at
>least in theory be enforced.  Writing a rule that can never be enforced
>is not a good idea.

OK, then so much for QRP and LP classes, right?  For that matter, how do I
know that you're running only 1500 out?  Or not monitoring the packet
cluster covertly?

We already have lots of MAJOR rules where we rely on trust.  I don't think
there's anything wrong, in principle, with another one.
73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia