[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest] Multi/single

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest] Multi/single
From: tduffy@sygnet.com (Tim Duffy)
Date: Tue Dec 9 16:40:43 1997
> From: Joe Humet <jhumet@mhv.net>
> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi/single
>
> I think its about the CAC does somthing about the guys who run 2 ststion
> at the same timeand put for the multi/single class.

Hi Joe!
    What is the CAC supposed to do? The CAC does not make the rules and
does not enforce the rules. The CAC is an advisory board only.

> If they are running two ststions they should be in that class.
> Just because the rules says only one signal on the air at a time that
> dosn't mean 2 stations running.. Thats not what the rules mean.
> Sure they are within the rules but thats not the intent of the rules.

If you do not like the current rule, please send your suggestions to your
CAC rep or to CAC@arrl.org for input discussion.

> I for one am very tired of seeing guys with 2000 and 2400 q's and more
> in the multi/single class, to say nothing about the ones in the single
> class..

Why are you tired of seeing big scores? Lots of stations make more than
2000 QSOs in Phone SS. That is fantastic operating skill and station
design, not cheating or bending the rules.

> I know how we broke our ass this year to make 1534 q's in ss
> running multi/single with ONE radio, Not 2.

Congrats on the nice score! You should be proud of what you did, not what
someone else did.

> We had some very good
> operators here too. 2 of them world class.
> I may not have the greatest equipment or antenna system in the world,
> but it isn't junk ether. But 100q's phr avg for 24 hrs?

This and more is possible. Very possible.

> Give me a
> break!!
> Come on CAC get off your Dead asses and do something... Thats what your
> there for. Its your job.

Let's not get upset here. The CAC knows what its job is. Your point is
less effective when you attack on dead parts of the CAC.

> I can't believe that ARRL isn't looking these
> scores and think "Whats up"...

The ARRL is running a great contest that thousands of people show up for,
make some QSOs, have some fun and send in logs.

> Its shouldn't the guy with the most money wins. Just cause someone can
> buy a mt top some place and put up 3,4 or 5 towers with 5/5/5/5 on all
> bands is nice but it isn't right for them to be in the same class with
> the rest of us. I guess this isn't a hobby anymore, its the guy with
> the
> most bucks wins....

Joe, I am sorry, but you've got it wrong! Ask N5TJ how much money he
spent to win the CW SS this year. Not that much. However, he does have a
a skill.... he is a fantastic operator.

See you in the Contests and
Good Day!
73,