[CQ-Contest] Valentine's Day Sprint

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Valentine's Day Sprint
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Sat Dec 27 12:36:56 1997

I doubt this year's sprint can be changed on such short notice.
After all, it does have announcements published in paper magazines,
etc., which may be the only information to a lot of possible
participants.

However for future years I think this is a great idea.  Several
years ago I made this suggestion of holding at least some sprints
on Sunday evening, local time.  About 2/3 of the comments were in
favor, but for whatever reasons nothing developed.

Whether Valentines Day or just another weekend, my wife always
resents being stuck at home, or at least without spouse, on a
Saturday evening.  Sometimes there are even non-radio things I
would like to do on a Saturday night!  OTOH Sunday evening is
almost always an evening at home, so taking time then to spend four
hours on the radio does not require major negotiations.

I highly recommend a trial of two of the 1999 sprints, one on each
mode, to be held on Sunday evening.  Just who is in charge of
setting the official dates for the contests?

Jim   K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 (440) 237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 28.8k-1200 baud