[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single
From: k3md@penn.com (John W. Thompson MD)
Date: Sat Dec 6 06:54:54 1997
I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but a number of my friends
have asked me to say my opinion.

1. Multi-Single in the CQWW was probably NEVER meant for 15 ops all
monitoring rigs just to find the best band to make mults on for 10
mins... this should not be allowed (but it already has been).  There
should be a category for 1 run tx and total of 2 to 3 ops.

2.  Yes there are a lot of categories, it is easy to win from dx, it is
impossible to win from East/West coast unless qrp or low power,
relatively easier.

2.  For CQWW and ARRL DX, there should be NO SINGLE OP unassisted class,
there is too much cheating going on.  You really cold not get packet
here in the sticks of WPA for a long time, but now the internet access
has changed all that.  Nearest packet cluster here still 70 miles, and I
have run a 2m conventional packet bbs for 6 years now (non dx).

73, John K3MD  k3md@penn.com