[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes log

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes log
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Mon Jan 5 22:27:44 1998
Well, I still don't know if my log for sweepstakes is good or not. I
don't have an internet account, so I had a neighbor email it for me. I
followed it up with a email from my juno account asking for the ARRL to
confirm that my log was received. I got a message back from, Bev
Fernandez N1NAV dated 12-4-97. She told me she had over 400 e mails and
she has not seen my log. She told me to resend it with a note saying that
she told me to.  On 12-17-97 I sent a request to Billy Lunt. I got a
reply from him on 12-19 saying, he did not see my log on the server and I
should be hearing from Bev in a couple of days. I never heard anything
so, on 12-23 I used a friends internet account to resend my log in again
along with the note that Bev told me to resend it.  It took some time to
come up with a plan to do all of this because my neighbor was out of
town. When I sent it I also sent a copy to me at kb3aug@juno.com, it
worked fine. I also sent in my 10 meter log at the same time and I did
get a conformation from the ARRL on that. So, I don't know where I'm at
with my Sweepstakes log and I had a "sweep" and sent in the check for the
coffee cup and the pin. My check was cashed, but does that mean anything?

Anybody have any ideas or have anything happen like this to them? If you
didn't get a conformation on your log I'd like to hear from you, just so
I'll feel better. Hey, this was only my 2nd Sweepstakes and the first I
sent in. Both were "sweeps" and it's a BIG deal to me if I don't get the
coffee cup! I worked REAL hard from a geographically challenged QTH for
that cup! Can somebody hand me a towel so I can dry my
eyes? Hi Hi
                                                          73, Bill KB3AUG
                                                          Riverton, WV
                                                           Where there is