[CQ-Contest] GRID SQUARE TO SIX PLACES

Subject: [CQ-Contest] GRID SQUARE TO SIX PLACES
From: K7NT@aol.com (K7NT)
Date: Fri Jan 9 23:51:09 1998
This is an interesting question. Unless you are at EXACTLY 39.1 N, 119.8 W,
you may be outside of  DM09CC. I did some research on this prior to getting my
latest set of QSL cards so I could have the correct 6 place grid square. You
need to be pretty accurate with the lat/lon to get an accurate grid square to
6 places.

I ended up borrowing my neighbor's GPS receiver to determine my exact
location. I turned it on and let it get good reception on as many satellites
as possible (6 or so I think). I then took the lat/lon it produced and checked
my grid square. I varied the numbers a bit to see if I was close to the edge
of the square in case the GPS error was putting me in the wrong square. I used
a web page (sorry, I can't recall the URL), but I'm sure there are many
sources to convert lat/lon to Maidenhead. Good luck!
73,
Mike  K7NT