[CQ-Contest] More NAQP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More NAQP
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon Jan 12 11:35:27 1998
First off, I agree ... let's use ARRL/RAC sections instead of states.  That
would make it real fun for multipler hunting.  What a hoot!!!!!  Also, I
vote we open ten meters up.  Get on the air on ten!  I vote for more
sunspots too.

Next...if we add more NAQP contests....lets add both CW and SSB.  Our SSB
Brotheren and and CW Brotheren should help each other enjoy our hobby.  What
is good for one is good for the other which is good for all!  How about an
RTTY NAQP.  As they said in the 60's...Peace Man!

Four times a year is a little much, but I could see it three times a year.
The trouble is...when?  February is to soon...March of full of stuff...April
might work...May if full of stuff....June is full of stuff....July is full
of stuff....August already has NAQP....September is full of stuff....forget
November and December.  The Family kind of balks when I am busy on two
Saturdays in a row.  Planning with those considerations would would be
appreciated.

How about some NAQP Sprints....for six hours...on a weeknight or Friday
night?  Or how about making two entry levels...a 10 hours and 5 hour class.

The M/2 is OK.  It would be nice to limit the contest to one transceiver,
but I also understand the need to perfect the skills for the "larger" contests.

Just some random thoughts running through my head this
morning....wait...there goes one now....I'll ne right back....I gotta go
catch it....see ya!

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net