[CQ-Contest] Re: Running DOS apps under Win95

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Running DOS apps under Win95
From: wes@prysm.net (Wes Attaway)
Date: Fri Jan 16 22:44:58 1998
I agree with Trey's remarks about editing the BootGUI= statement in the
MSDOS.SYS file.  There is another way to do this that does not require any
file editing ..... simply hit the F8 key when you see the "starting Win95"
message, and then choose the "DOS prompt" option.  Or, as someone else
pointed out, set up a CT shortcut from within Win95 and configure the
special DOS-mode options you would want for CT.  Any of these methods will
work, but I think the editing of MSDOS.SYS is the least desirable unless
you want to type WIN almost every time you start or restart a Win95
machine.  One of the nice things about Win95 is that it usually gives you a
number of ways to accomplish a desired result.
   2048 Pepper Ridge, Shreveport, LA 71115
----------(318) 7978703 (H); 7974972 (Fax) ----------