[CQ-Contest] Travelling with radio gear

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Travelling with radio gear
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC)
Date: Sun Jan 18 19:44:17 1998
Glad you got some benefit from the mailing Jan.

As far as the radio clothing, etc.: My opinion (as all of this is) is that it
would not help your case very much. The logos and badges probably wouldn't
mean much to them, and could draw unnecessary attention to you.
I would advise that you look just like everyone else on your plane as much as
possible, and try to get through with no questions or inspections as plan A.
Don't offer them anything to set you apart from your plane mates. Even if they
take a few minutes with you to discuss your gear, etc., that's time you have
wasted, and all the good taxis could be taken!
Plan B is put into service when the customs folks start asking questions about
what you are bringing in. This is when you show him that you have your act
together with the proper license and paperwork.
Plan C is to pay the deposit or bond after you have had no success in
convincing the customs official that you are not selling the gear, and will
take it out with you.

73,

Will