[CQ-Contest] Travelling with radio gear

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Travelling with radio gear
From: jmedley@ix.netcom.com (J. Medley)
Date: Sun Jan 18 00:37:54 1998
Hi folks,

        I've been following with great interest the tales of travelling
with radio gear. I very much appreciated the small article by Will, AA4NC,
and his advice.
        I was just wondering about something that may or may not make a
difference. Does it help to don all of your favorite radio clothing such as
a hat with call sign, t-shirt, club jacket, name/call badge, etc? Maybe
some radio related things like a packet of QSL cards packed with the radio
gear and a small 24-hour clock? I guess sort of a panoply of radio gear
similar to what an average football fan would get on a plane with ;)
        It seems the trouble lies in how to let them know you're one of the
good guys right up front before their suspicions get the better of them.

Best regards,
Jan, N0QT