[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Date: Tue Jan 20 15:44:53 1998
>This brings up an interesting question.  What if you're not "in"
>the contest, but casually "giving points" for an hour or two?

>The rules are for those competing...non- competitors need not be concerned
>with them -

The rules also say that the exchange is Name and State.  Would it
be okay for me, as a casual (non)participant, to use QSO number and
CQ Zone?  Or how about a weather and rig report?  And why couldn't I do
a full-bore 6 station Multi-Multi?  If I don't send it in, what's the
difference, right?

IMHO, if you know the rules, follow them, even if not submitting a log.

As far as power, it's nice to park 1.8 kHz away from another 100W NAQPer,
but not so nice if he's running 1500W.

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos