[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules - a different take

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules - a different take
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Jan 20 17:29:36 1998
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Bill Scholz wrote:

> It seems to me that there is an increasingly wide gap growing between two
> different groups of competitors---those with one radio and those with two
> or more.

OK, we've been here before but I will restate my opinion (delete key
now):

  There is a big difference between power restrictions and restricting
  the number of radios one uses in a contest.  The latter requires more
  skill than money.  N5TJ is case in point... Jeff has a single tower
  on a normal sized Texas lot.  He beat Eric, NM5M, at WX0B who was
  using multiple towers and stacked monobanders.  So to use the
  argument that money is defining issue in creating a new 2-radio
  single-op category is hog wash.

  Lets put the cards on the table...  You guys who want to create a
  single-radio class are simply motivated by lack of desire to devote the
  required time and effort in learning a skill.

  You can create different category for me because I run different power,
  live in a different area, dont use packet or other operators, etc.  But
  dont reclass me because I am willing to work harder at winning.  That's
  the name of the game gentlemen.

  73

  Bill