[CQ-Contest] Whose contest is this anyways?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Whose contest is this anyways?
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Wed Jan 28 11:27:18 1998
Whose contest is this anyways?

Boy there has been a number of threads that can all be tied
together. The attraction of contesting is as individual as
the participants.

We all came in the same way under humble beginnings and
end up in contest niches by by design, or economics,
by luck (good or bad) or whatever.

Whatever your niche you still need the next guy and you should
imagine yourself as the host and not the guest of the contest.
You can't run a hundred an hour without the hundred, you can't
savior your next qso like a fine wine if there is no next qso.

It's the humble contester with modest stations who make this
a contest, it is his contest and I suggest that we give some
of it back to him.

I would like to see a sportsman class in every contest with
the same generalized rules, with no sub classes.

1. One radio 100 watts maximum

2. One antenna, 135' doublet, 40' maximum height.

3. Single op, all bands, 24 hours maximum operating time.

Who says you can't go back?

Sincerely,
dr. Bafoofnik