[CQ-Contest] Whose contest is this anyways?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Whose contest is this anyways?
From: k4nr@mindspring.com (Thomas Branch)
Date: Wed Jan 28 21:09:32 1998
Spike,

Wow!  I can relate to this. I'm a new to contesting.  Can't really complete
on the same level with the "big" contest stations, but I operate in most of
them anyway. Even submit logs even though I can't really place--lack the
money and experience, but getting better all the time.

I have a modest station--100 watts and wire antennas. I remember one of the
contests has a class for tribander and wire antennas. I'd like to see a
rookie class established--perhaps limit it to the first 5 years, 150 watts,
and limited antennas. This would allow those new to contesting a chance to
compete with others of similar experience and equipment.  I know I get
better with each contest--my scores and skills improve. While I'll stick
with it until I can compete with the "big" stations (I'm competitive by
nature) many will not.

Interesting concept...

73 de Tom, K4NR