[CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast

Subject: [CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu Jan 29 07:59:11 1998
> Watching this debate, I've yet to see anyone say that they would pull up
> stakes and move to the upper mid-west (ie: RF's Black hole).

I wouldn't see myself pulling up stakes and moving to South Dakota to
improve my ham radio situation, however one of the great things about
ham radio is that you can do it from anyplace on the planet (modulo
local regulations) and have fun.

Looks like WD0T & W0SD do ok in Sweepstakes.  So do WB0Oooooo and
VE4GV.  And WB9Z does "not bad for a 9" in the 160 contests.

What was the problem again?  Did someone say it's impossible to win a
contest from the mid-west?  Someone must have forgotten to tell these
guys.

--Trey, N5KO