[CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast

Subject: [CQ-Contest] East coast vs. West coast
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Thu Jan 29 15:32:44 1998
I think I whined about the East Coast advantage a couple of years back.  I
am wiser now.  I try to do my best and be glad I did.

I used to think that being in sparsely populated Eastern Washington was an
advantage in SS.  Then K7IR came along and proved that you can have two
1300+ Q stations and not see any decline in score.

I do agree that the West Coast (west of PST/MST line) has a decided
advantage in SS.  We only have to point our beams generally ESE (from the
NW), propagation favors us because 15 & 20 hangs in there longer and we can
vacuum California for Q's (the West Coast version of europe, many stations,
many mults, close together and accessible on all bands.

Let's have FUN!!!

73 Gary K7FunRadio