[CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Band Changes Ideas?
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt--K7BG)
Date: Thu Feb 19 20:20:51 1998
At 08:39 AM 2-20-98 -0600, you wrote:
>Did anyone note in the new QST in the Board Minutes

Glad somebody reads that stuff. Thanks for letting me know what's up Lee.

>The motion LOST, but it was an interesting idea.  What would be the impact
>on contesting of Novices and Tech Pluses were given SSB rights on 80, 40 and
>15 meters.  Sounds to be like there would be a change for a lot more QSOs
>and a chance to wet some appetites for contesting.

Could be good, but my first reaction is that it would be good only for
phone contesting. If this passed, why learn CW? Those that were incented to
learn code to get on HF would lose their incentive resulting in no CW ops
down the road. This would speed up that process I believe. Then again maybe
they'd have so much fun that they'd learn CW so as not to miss out on the
other half of the contesting fun.

73, Matt--K7BG
--------check out my web-page at: http://www.qsl.net/k7bg