[CQ-Contest] ARRL Board Manners

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Board Manners
From: dpotter@bbn.com (Dave Potter)
Date: Mon Feb 23 11:41:12 1998
At 04:04 PM 2/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Yesterday I sent a carefully thought out, detailed and courteously worded
>contest/DX related proposal to an ARRL Board member. The exact subject is
>irrelevant, and so is the the question of his agreement or disagreement.
>The response just about blew my mind. It was brief, curt and VERY thinly
>veiled: basically it said "Thanks for your letter - Stick it in your ear".
>
>Is this the type of response other contesters/DXers have received from our
>elected ARRL Board officials?
>
>John, NT5C.
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

In a word, no.

I have always had very courteous relations with my Director and Vice-Director.

I'd like to see your proposal. Maybe there's another avenue to the Board.

73

Dave
K1MBO
David Potter                                            617 873 2308
                                                                        617 873
5672 fax
GTE Internetworking/BBN Technologies                    dpotter@bbn.com
733 Concord Ave