[CQ-Contest] Frequency theft

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Frequency theft
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC)
Date: Wed Mar 11 11:03:18 1998
In a message dated 98-03-11 10:17:01 EST, w4an@contesting.com writes:

<<  Frankly I find your technique to be the one in question Tom.  You
 obviously knew it was not ZL2RR's frequency, yet you dump in your
 callsign on K5ZD's frequency.  If I were ZD I would have given you an ear
 full and hit the CQ-CONTEST button.  >>

Every once in a blue moon, there is such courtesy as standing by while an
unsuspecting competitor jumps on a multplier that just called you, assuming
the trespasser acknowledges his faux pas and moves on. In Randy's case, it
gives him a chance to refill his chocolate milk glass and pour another bowl of
Trix. Most of the time, however, battle lines are drawn and the game of
"chicken" begins.

Frankly, "The Intimidation Game" (where the predator knowingly jumps on an
occupied frequency) is the main reason I no longer chose to compete in SS. It
may be the rule of thumb for Wall Street, but I don't care for it in contests.

Having lived in the east, midwest and now the west coast, it is much more
pleasant to run a pileup of courteous Asians than to fight an unruly mass of
Europeans who never stop calling. There are fewer mults, but better rate and
less busted calls/reports.

Tom, K5RC/7
AKA  K7GJ