[CQ-Contest] UBN solutions USA/USA QSO's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] UBN solutions USA/USA QSO's
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Tue Mar 17 23:06:31 1998
Hi.

I think Dale's right in suggesting the stick won't work. I think he's
also right in saying the carrot's a bad idea too.

I don't think the WW should go as far as ARRL DX (W/VE work the world but
not themselves), but perhaps the solution of removing your own country as
a mult for you is valid.

Of course, I'll grant that my viewpoint is tainted, since there are so
many more of you (W's) than us (VE's) and thus impacts me less than you.

Either that, or live with the fact some stations (and if you know who
they are, all the better) won't log you. Eventually, you'll get somebody
who'll put you in his log.

None of this, however, changes the fact it's a violation of basic
courtesy to not log you.

Vindictiveness is never an option for reasonable people, but here's a
thought. How would the Big Gun feel if, say, that one Idaho station who
got on for SS decided not to log so-and-so (hmmmph! already have MDC) out
of spite? Adios Sweep! Karma, perhaps?

73 kelly