[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (Doug KR2Q)
Date: Sat Apr 4 09:39:35 1998

<< Excuse me  -  I suggest you look at some of the WPX results from the
 1980's & early 90's    -    when the limit was 30 hours.    East coast
 winning WAS NOT a given.  I know because I won from Texas in 1984 (2nd
 in the world)- all band CW - something I am very proud of. Set a USA
 record that stood for 10 years on 40M (CW) in 1985, and a 10M (CW) USA
 record in 1989 that still exists.  Also quite a few others from points
 out west with winning scores during that era.

 Take a look.

 73,  Gator  N5RZ >>

Yup...that's RIGHT!  I know, cuz he beat ME in that 40 meter shoot-out!  I was
operating from the K2GL/N2AA m/m station using stacked 3 element 40's on EU
and multiple 40m beams in other directions.  BTW, BOTH of us CREAMED the
(then) existing record.  I still can't believe it!  :-)

de Doug KR2Q