[CQ-Contest] SHORTEN CONTESTS?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SHORTEN CONTESTS?
From: jneiger@xti.com (James Neiger)
Date: Tue Apr 14 09:58:52 1998
It seems like it's time once again to regurgitate the silly notions of
micro-managing the rules of contests to suit our individual needs.
BETTER YET: If you're REALLY serious about maximizing your fun and
competitiveness, get on an airplane, plug your radio into a Caribbean
island tri-bander, and find-out what some of us learned many years ago.
Downside risk to this is, of course, you may not want to go home.

I believe that KQ2M, NH7A, and K3ZO are right-on.  Shorten the WPX to 30
hours? Nah, I vote for 48 hours.  In fact, maybe we should go back to
the ARRL DX format of 30 years ago of 96 hours per mode?  Now THAT was
fun!  Four 48 hour weekends jammed into Feb/March.  Love it!

If contests are such fun, why do we want to limit them?

And may I apologize FOR my dear friend Trey Garlough?  He obviously has
temporarily taken leave of his senses. Trey knows that anything less
than 48 hours is quiche-ville.  Kids these days, they just don't seem to
want to learn.

                Vy 73

                  Jim Neiger
                  N6TJ/ZD8Z