[CQ-Contest] Kenwood 930 problems?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood 930 problems?
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed May 20 13:09:19 1998
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Mon, 18 May 1998 11:52:13 +0100 "Alan Braun" <albraun@socket.net>
writes:

>[TS-930] I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a similar
experience,
>and knowing what (if anything) you were able to do to fix/prevent it.

K1VR:  Enjoyed the chat in Dayton. More another time.

In re TS-930.  I had the problem with the plated through holes.  Cure?
Take board out  carefully, remembering where everything came from,
especially the insulated screws -- save those insulating washers.
Soldered something like 23 holes.  I'll never know which ONE was the
problem.  Put it back together.  Has been fine for the decade since. A
used TS-930 is the best low cost transceiver in the marketplace, but it
is not computer controllable, so there are a lot of them available.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]