[CQ-Contest] Kenwood 930 problems?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood 930 problems?
From: kamar@tiac.net (Ron Martin)
Date: Wed May 20 16:43:45 1998
I had the same problem when I owned an early model TS-930 .  I also
resoldered the plate through holes, but during the soldering I ran a small
guage bare wire through the holes as I soldered them.  After during this
with all of the plate through holes I then clipped the remaining wire on
both sides of the board.

Just resoldering the plated through holes may not do it if the plate
throughs are really bad (and some of them were really bad in the early
serial numbers).  However, soldering the bare wire through the plate
throughs does quarantee a connection of both sides of the board.  Just make
sure you have the PLATE THROUGH holes as shown in the TS-930 sevice manual
(or smoke make visit you).

Ron ............ NU1U