[CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Ethics - A Case Study?
From: k0hb@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Fri May 22 00:57:36 1998

>* Entered as Single Operator (indicating they did not use
>PacketCluster): WB8RNY, W0VFO, K2MP, N9PQU

If they only used the cluster to send spots (others, not themselves),
and not read spots, then this (I think) is legal.  Most (all?) of
your examples, however, seem to be begging for mults/spotting
themselves.

>* Entered as Multi Operator (indicating they used PacketCluster, but
>what about the soliciting contact angle?): W5GAD, W5YM, KC3M, N2WB,
>WK1P, N1HKO, AE1M, WW3S, N9XX

This is totally legit.  The "soliciting contact angle" applies to
*non-amateur* means, such as phone calls.

>* No contest entry made (I guess they were just in it for the fun):
>Everyone else

Nothing wrong with this --- if you do not submit a log for credit you
can do anything you want.  Few years back there was even a multi-multi
unlimited on SS (K5LZO is I remember right).

73, de Hans, K0HB

#2, MN SSB High Power
#4, MN CW  High Power

Second Place = First Loser

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]