[CQ-Contest] Reunion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reunion
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com (bogus@does.not.exist.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 22:38:47 1998
After I made my 10M  contest results post, got an unexpected E-Mail from an
old buddy from the late 60's who  I helped get a license while we were both
in the Navy in Bremerhaven, DL land.

Made me wonder who else might be lurking out in contest land who was a Navy
CT T, R, or I brancher? I was an R brancher (Morse Intercept Operator-what
else?) I know of Jeff, K1AM. Also know that Jeff, K1ZM was in Bremerhaven
about the time I was 67-70, but I don't remember him. Anyone else out there
who went through the school at Pensacola (club stn WA4ECY)? The Navy sent me
to learn code at a school with a graduating speed of 24 GPM after 6 months &
I could do 30 with a pencil when I arrived. Spent the entire time in front
of a typewriter and tape recorder playing the code tapes on double speed.
When I wasn't at the club stn chasing DX :) There were many hams around,
most of whom were interested in DX or contesting at the time.

Are any of you guys still around?

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Chas N8RR   ex DL4CM