[CQ-Contest] Two Radios, one band

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two Radios, one band
From: daniels@mail.bna.bellsouth.net (Steve Daniel)
Date: Sat Jun 20 18:10:52 1998
I would like to tap into the collective wisdom and experience of the
group once again. Is it possible to utilize two radios, one run and one
s&p, on the same band? I was thinking specifically of 15 meters and
wondering if, with the use of stubs or other sort of filtering, one
could isolate a portion of the band, say 21250-21300 for example, for
CQing, while S&Ping the other portions of the band without damaging the
second radio. My particular set up would be using the stacked 5 element
monobanders for CQing while using either the high or low tribander for
S&Ping. The radios are a 950sdx and 950sd. I know that both have
subreceivers and this approach works, but you can't listen to the S&P
frequency while the CQ is going and you are using the same antennas for
both frequencies. The CQ antennas and S&P antennas are 200-300 feet
apart. I appreciate any thoughts or ideas you care to pass along. 73.
Steve, NN4T.