[CQ-Contest] Will It Ever End

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Will It Ever End
From: K4WW@aol.com (K4WW@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 3 22:08:30 1998
As I have read these posts containing differences of opinions as to, if ever,
when the contest "ends", I cannot help but be amused at the total lack of
acceptance that any opinion except our own, could possibly be correct.
Since I fall into the "casual" category, I have a suggestion for all of the
"very serious" types.  This suggestion will only work if you are single-op,
unassisted, becuase, otherwise there will someone there to eliminate all
the possible scenarios previously discussed.

PLACE A VERY REFLECTIVE SUBSTANCE (MIRROR) DIRECTLY IN FRONT
OF YOURSELF AT YOUR OPERATING POSITION.  ALL DURING THE
CONTEST, AND ESPECIALLY AFTER THE CONTEST IS "OVER", ASK THE
PERSON THAT YOU SEE IN THE REFLECTIVE SUBSTANCE (MIRROR):
"HAVE I DONE EVERYTHING WITHIN MY OWN INTERPRETATIONS OF THE
RULES OF THIS PARTICULAR CONTEST"??  IF THE ANSWER IS AN
UNCONDITIONAL "YES", THEN THERE SHOULD BE DOUBT IN YOUR MIND
THAT YOU ARE WITHIN YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE RULES.  IF YOU
ARE SATISFIED WITH THE ANSWER, AND REMEMBER THE PERSON HAS
BEEN OBSERVING YOU ALL DURING YOUR OPERATING TIME,  YOU
SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONFRONT ANY AND ALL QUESTIONING YOUR
CONTEST "ETHICS"!!

I have never been concerned with any "problems" that my logs might have had,
becuase they usually only served as maybe a 'check log" for some "high
scoring"
stations that I "casually" worked.  Imagine my "concern" when I get a request
from CQ for my log from 1997 CQWW DX CW contest, six months after the
contest.  A quick check of the "high claimed" scores, lists me in the "top
ten"
single band, low power.  Perish the thought that finally, after all the years,
a "top ten" appearance will not change anything that I do, contesting or
otherwise!!
73, Shelby
BTW  "WWJD"