[CQ-Contest] The contest has ENDED !!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The contest has ENDED !!
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sat Jul 4 00:46:27 1998
Dale, I am really upset to see you think that striving for accuracy is
unrealistic and that we should be allowed to massage our logs after the
contest.  You think my view of post contest log massaging is unrealistic
and that it will scare away newcomers....I submit then that since you feel
that encouraging newcomers to do a lousy job and then just clean it up
before you send it in and all is well and that we are instead encouraging
mediocrity....this is CONTESTING!  This is a competitive event....this is
not armchair operating!!!!!!!

I do not think I am alone in these views....

......why did the WRTC feel that it was only a 15 minute (I think) window
after the end of the contest that was necessary to fine tune for typos, etc
and then the logs were turned in, period!

Probably because they were interested in the contesters contesting
abilities, not their cooking skills with a callbook or database.

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm